From Salt Lake City we drove to Jackson, Wyoming. Upon arrival we checked into our motel, got groceries,gas, and went to Jackson's town square. We ate at Teton Steak House were we met some nice people that were trying to convince the nurse and the future x-ray technologist to move to Jackson, Jared still likes the idea. We woke up early the next morning and repacked the truck and left for Grand Teton National Park. Lucky for us we got the last camp spot at Jenny Lake, not the greatest spot (our tent was in the sun all day, no naps for the boys in the tent), but were grateful to have any spot in this popular campground. That afternoon we went for a swim in String Lake. The next day we took a boat trip across Jenny Lake to cut off 4 miles of hiking (round trip) to the mouth of Cascade Canyon. We hiked up cascade canyon with the boys in our packs. We saw a deer about 10 feet from the trail in some tall bushes. I said "deer" and pointed to the deer, and then Benji said "deer." I was impressed to know that he realized that it wasn't a "dogga," because every 4 legged critter up to this point was labeled "dogga." There must have been some good eating there because a couple hours later on our way down the deer was in the same place.

Benjamin (shivering,) Daddy, and Jonathan.

After we got the boys out of String Lake and started them drying they wanted back in, even though Benjamin was shivering. We went back in got a picture and got out. That rock in the background is the rock Daddy swam to, he didn't have any aqua socks on so he wasn't able to climb it. I stayed back and watched the boys.

As we hiked back further into Cascade Canyon the better the scenery became. Above is a picture of Grand
Teton, and Mount Owens to
Grand's right (with all of the snowfields).

Oh it is nap time. I was so tired of carrying my pack, that I put Benjamin down so I could rest. I told Daddy I would stay there and watch the boys nap, and he could go on with out us, but he didn't take the bait.

Jonathan taking his nap, I can't imagine sleeping in that position. Daddy resting his back and legs.

Daddy stopped to take a picture, and Mommy had a picture idea to while waiting for daddy. That is Grand
Teton and
Teewinot to it's right in the background.

Inspiration Point, what a hike to get to this look out point 400 ft. above Jenny Lake. It was just a one mile stroll, but it seamed like more than that due to the quick elevation increase and the heavy pack (thanks Benji!) on my back.

Click on the picture to see the muscle definition of this bull moose. It was
really neat to see a moose this close.

Jonathan and Daddy standing in front of Hidden Falls.

We decided to let the boys down to hike back, the trail was smooth, but there were too many distractions for them to keep on the path. Their hiking lasted just a short distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment